Sometime it can be hard to find a moment to relax and calm down. I have put down some things you can do to relax and feel more comfortable:
- You can engage in a creative activity that you like or learn a new one: Whether it’s painting, drawing, writing or crafting, engaging in a creative activity can help you unwind and tap into your inner thoughts and emotions.
- Practising deep breathing exercises can also help you to relax. In this link, you can find an example of Breathing exercises for stress.
- You can also practice mindfulness: Mindfulness involves being present at the moment without judgment. Try mindfulness meditation, or focus on your breath and the sensations in your body for a few minutes.
- Spend time with your pet: Spending time with or playing with your cat or dog can be a great way to de-stress and unwind. And your cat or dog will also feel more relaxed if you spend more time with them.
- Connect with nature: Spending time in nature can have a calming effect on the mind and body. Go for a hike, sit by a lake or take a walk in the woods or in the park.
- If you have a garden, cultivating vegetables or arranging flowers can also be a great way to feel more relaxed.
- Listen to calm music is a great way to relax. Piano music generally helps us feel more relaxed and calm down.
Everyone is different so remember that what works for one person may not work for another. Try different relaxation techniques and find the ones that work best for you.